Monday, April 13, 2009

Yo amo Betty la fea


I just started watching the Colombian series "Betty la Fea" on Youtube. Not normally a fan of telenovelas, I actually am hooked! Yo amo Betty la Fea. I mean, look at that picture. Those clips are like the ones my curly-haired sister used to wear in her hair in sixth grade to keep it straight. The glasses...the braces...the unibrow...of course, she is really a hot actress underneath it all, but she succeeds in looking geniunely homely. I just have to want this girl to get the guy.

Part of the reason I need to watch it is for some Spanish practice. Tomorrow I have to call a long list of Mexican accountants to conduct a marketing survey. I'm pretty nervous about it. I hate calling people--this is not my true career at all, just a side thing a friend roped me into--and I am not used to talking about tax and audit software in my own language, let alone a foreign tongue. I wish Betty La Fea were my best friend. With her background in finance, she would do the survey for me and all would be solved.

No comments: